Dr Zaghloul Al Najjar
Full Name: Dr Zaghloul Ragheb Mohamed Al-Najjar (Professor of Geology)
Place of Birth: Gharbiyab, Egypt.
Date of Birth: November 17th, 1933
Current Position: Chairman, Committee on Scientific Notions in the Glorious Qur'an, Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, Cairo, Egypt
Web. : www.elnaggarzr.com
Ph.D. (Geology), University of Wales, UK (1963)
B. Sc. (Hons), Cairo University, Egypt (1955)
HONOURS, AWARDS AND SCIENTIFIC AFFILIATIONS:
1. “Secondary Education Competition Award” Ministry of Education, Egypt (1951)
2. “Baraka Geology Award”. Cairo University, Egypt (1955)
3. The “Robertson Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, "University College of Wales, Aberystwyth Cards, UK, (October 1963 to September 1966)
4. "The Seventh Arab Petroleum Congress" Best Papers Award' (1970)
5. Laureate of the Presidential Order of Merit, Sudan (2005)
6. Laureate, Golden Badge of Honor for Sciences, Literature and Arts, Sudan (2005)
7. Elected Fellow of the Islamic Academy of Sciences, Amman, Jordan, and member of its Board of Directors
8. Founding Member and Member of the Board of Directors, The International Islamic Charitable Organization, Kuwait
9. Founding Member and Member of the Board of Directors, The International Organization on Scientific Notions in the Qur'än and Sunnah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
10. Associate Editor, Al - Rayyan Scientific Journal, Doha, Qatar
11. Member of the Advisory Board, MAAS Journal of Islamic Science, The Muslim Association for the Advancement of Science, Aligarh, India
12. Formar Associate Editor, Journal of Foraminiferal Research (Ithaca / New York, U.S.A.).
13. Formar Member of the Editorial Board of the J. of African Earth Sciences and the Middle East. (Paris, France)
14. Scientific Consultant for The Indian Magazine "Islamic Science", The contemporary Muslim Magazine of Egypt, Al-Iâjaz Magazine, Mecca, and Al-Rayyan Magazine
15. Formar Fellow of the Geological Society of London
16. Formar Fellow of the Institute of Petroleum, London
17. Formar Member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (Tulsa/Oklahoma)
18. Formar Member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
19. Formar Member of the International Paleonitological Union
20. Formar Member of the Geological Society of Egypt (Cairo)
21. Weekly Writer to the Main Egyptian Daily Newspaper Al-Ahram since 2001
22. Consultant for:
- Robertson Research Laboratories, North Wales, UK
- Arab Petroleum Consultants, Kuwait
- Arabian Oil, Khafji, Saudi Arabia
- Dubai Islamic Bank, UAE
23. Member of the Board of Directors, the International Council for Islamic Research, Cairo, Egypt.
24. Member of the Board of Trustees, the Islamic Information Organization, London, U K
25. Scientific Consultant, Mus'ee de la Civilization Musulmane en Suisse; Avenue le'opold Robert, 109, 2300- Institut Culturel Musulmam;
La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
- Chairman, Committee on Scientific Notions in the Glorious Qur'än, Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, Cairo, Egypt
- Rector, Al Ahqaf University, Yemen
- Director, Markfield Institute of Higher Education, Markfield, Leicester, UK (2000-01)
- Consultant for Higher Education, Arab Institute for Development (1996-2000)
- Professor of Geology, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (1979- 1996)
- Professor of Geology and Chairman, Department of Geology, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar (1978 - 1979)
- Professor of Geology, Kuwait University, Kuwait (1972 -1978)
- On sabbatical leave at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA (1977- 1978)
- Associate Professor of Geology Kuwait University, Kuwait (1967 -1972)
- Assistant Professor of Geology. King Saud University Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1964 - 1967)
- Research Assistant, then Research Fellow, University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, Cards, UK (1961 - 1964)
- Research Fellow, Robertson Research Laboratories, Llandulas Abergele, North Wales, UK (1963-1966).
- Instructor, Department of Geology, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1959 -1961)
- Senior Geologist, Five Year Plan Project, Egypt, (Coal Project, Sinai, Egypt) (March-November 1959)
- Geologist, Barramiya Gold Mines, Eastern Desert, Egypt (1958- 1959).
- Instructor, Department of Geology, Ain Shams University, Cairo (1956 - 1958).
- Geologist, A.K.F.A.C. Phosphate Mines, Nile Valley, Egypt (1955 - 1956).
- Research Assistance, National Research Center, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt (September, 1955 -November 1955)
- Geologist, Conrada (Sahara) Oil Company, Cairo, Egypt, (June 1955 - Aug. 1955)